Jamie A. Maddox
Jamie began working at Betz + Blevins as a law clerk in October of 2005 during her third year of law school. She sought to work at Betz + Blevins because she is passionate about advocating for individuals. She is now a partner at the firm.
Since joining Betz + Blevins, Jamie has represented numerous individuals in employment and civil rights matters before federal and state courts as well as administrative agencies. As the daughter of a special needs schoolteacher, Jamie has a personal and professional understanding of and extensive experience in representing teachers in negotiations and termination proceedings. These experiences have provided Jamie with the skills to represent clients at all stages of administrative and civil litigation, from pre-filing investigation through trial and appeal.
Jamie received a Bachelor of Arts in Social and Behavioral Science in 2003 from Indiana University - Kokomo, where she graduated with highest distinction.
While in law school, Jamie was a member of the Women's Caucus and served as Secretary for Legal Advocates for Disability Rights in Education (LADRE). Jamie graduated in 2006 from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis.
Prior to joining Betz + Blevins, Jamie served as a law clerk for Joseph M. Dietz at Meils, Thompson, Dietz & Berish in Indianapolis, and Wood, Tuohy, Gleason, Mercer & Herrin in Indianapolis. Jamie also served as an intern for the Honorable Stephen M. Jessup of Howard County, Indiana as well as an intern in 2002 for United States Senator Evan Bayh.
Jamie is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association, the Litigation Section of the Indianapolis Bar Association, and the National Employment Lawyers Association, both nationally and the Indiana chapter. She is admitted to practice in all courts of the State of Indiana, including the Indiana Supreme Court as well as the Northern and Southern U.S. District Courts. She is also admitted to practice in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 2006
- Honors: Women’s Caucus
- Honors: Secretary for Legal Advocates for Disability Rights in Education (LADRE)
- Indiana University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2003
- Honors: Highest Distinction
- Major: Social and Behavioral Science
- Indiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2015
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association of Indiana, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2016
- Super Lawyer, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2019-2022
- Indianapolis Law Club
- Joseph M. Dietz at Meils, Thompson, Dietz & Berish in Indianapolis, Law Clerk
- Wood, Tuohy, Gleason, Mercer & Herrin (now Mercer Belanger), Law Clerk
- Honorable Stephen M. Jessup of Howard County, Intern
- United States Senator Evan Bayh in 2002, Intern